East Ewell borders the historic Nonsuch Park and is located between Ewell Village and Ewell Downs. It is rich with beautiful countryside and many who work in London love living in East Ewell due to its close proximity to the capital but semi-rural living environment.
Schools in East Ewell
The area boasts an enviable amount of schools, including the very popular Nonsuch High School for Girls. The schools caters to girls from age 11 (year 7) up to sixth form age and was judged as ‘good’ during its latest Ofsted inspection.
Saint Dunstan’s CofE Primary School is a popular choice for younger children, as is St Clement’s Catholic Primary School.
East Ewell Railway Station
Ewell East is the area’s railway station and is formed of two platforms, one for services to Sutton, West Croydon, and London, and the other to Epsom. The ticket office is manned during regular working hours. Otherwise, there are ticket machines.
Ewell East railway station is located in London Travelcard Zone 6 and current off-peak services are as follows:
- One train per hour to London Victoria via Cheam, Sutton, Clapham Junction, London Victoria
- Two trains per hour to London Victoria via all stations to Mitcham Junction except Wandsworth Common and Battersea Park
- One train per hour to London Victoria via all stations to West Croydon and Norbury
- One train per hour to Horsham
- Three trains per hour to Epsom only
East Ewell Transport
As well as the local and regional buses and taxi companies that service East Ewell, there are also fantastic road links. The M25 motorway is easily accessed by the A24 to Leatherhead and Central London is under 18 miles away. Guildford, Woking, Twickenham and Croydon can all be accessed by road links.